Do you dare to experience the adventure of the past? We prepared for you an exciting stay that will make you travel from the prehistory to nowadays. You will discover where small groups of Neanderthals stopped during their nomadic routes, the secrets of Medieval world visiting villages, castles and monasteries and you will walk through trenches and bunkers to discover how a young soldier lived. You can take part of this experience and the Indiana Jones you have inside will appear!
- Price person in double room: €1.050
Single room supplement: 150€
- Departure date: 31/05/2020
- Group (max/min): Min. 4 persons (consult us the price). Max. 14 persons (cunsolt us in other cases)
DAY 1: THE SACRED SERRATED MOUNTAIN
Pick the group up in Barcelona. Panoramic view of Montserrat mountains and its characteristic monoliths. Briefing and overnight in the Monastery of Les Avellanes (HG***), Lleida.
DAY 2: LA NOGUERA
In the morning, we will visit the archaeological site La Roca dels Bous, in Sant Llorenç de Montgai (La Noguera). There, we will know the prehistoric world 50,000 years ago. We will start our tour visiting Espai Origens museum, in Camarasa. We will have a picnic lunch near Sant Llorenç de Montgai lake. In the afternoon we will jump until the 10th century and we will visit Pla d’Almatà, an archaeological park from Andalusian period, which is the origin of the city of Balaguer (La Noguera). We will know about the Andalusian ancient culture which settled in Iberian Peninsula between 8th and 15th centuries. Overnight in Terradets hotel (H***).
DAY 3: THE NORTH OF MONTSEC
In the morning we will do an excursion to the site of Sant Martí de les Tombetes, in Castell de Mur (Pallars Jussà). This site will let us to know the place where a little Christian community lived between 5th and 9th centuries. We will have a picnic lunch and we will visit the 10th century castle and the 11th century church of Sant Feliu. Our last visit this day will be in the monumental complex of Mur. This was the residence of Ramon IV the Count in 11th century. Overnight in Terradets hotel (H***).
DAY 4: LA CONCA DELLÀ. WAR MEMORY SPACES
We will start the day visiting the Republican front line in La Posa (Isona). This space is one of the best preserved war archaeology complex in Pallars Jussà. We will have a picnic lunch next to La Posa chapel. In the afternoon, we will visit Sauvella’s wine cellar, in Orcau. There we will taste its wines. Overnight in Senterada, Casa Leonardo(****)
DAY 5: TALARN I SALÀS. WITHIN THE WALLS
This day we will relax going for a walk in to Medieval villages in Pallars Jussà. In the morning we will visit the old town of Talarn. We will see the urban development and we will discover how the town arrived in the nowadays perimeter. After having a picnic lunch we will go to Salàs de Pallars, where we will know a different Medieval urban planning. Finally we will visit the Botigues-Museu de Salàs, a museum about the ancient shops in the village. Overnight in Casa Leonardo.
DAY 6: MONASTERY OF GERRI DE LA SAL
We will go to Pallars Sobirà to visit the monastery of Gerri de la Sal. It was a powerful monastery with a great collegiate church from 9th century. The salt lakes of the village contributed to the power of the monastery and to its economy richness. These salt lakes started to be utilised in the Medieval period. After having lunch we will set out for Barcelona.
- General services: historian guide, travel insurance. Languages: English, Catalan and Spanish.
- Transport: by a 20-seat minibus or 8-seat van. Transport from origin to Barcelona and return from Barcelona to origin not included.
- Overnights: Hotel*** or top Rural guesthouse. Single or double rooms with private bathroom.
- Gastronomy: Meals are home-made and elaborated with local food, and include local wine.
- Daily breakfast of Catalan style: tomato bread with cheese, dry sausages and jam, and eggs on request.
- Complete picnic for lunch every day except day 1. Dinners will consist of a fixed menu where overnight.
- Visits: all visits mentioned in this brochure.
- Weather conditions and clothing: In May, June and September temperatures are reasonably warm, therefore adequate light clothing is recommended; October may be a little colder and rainy. Hat, sun glasses and sunscreen lotion are a must. Long trousers are more appropriate in areas of rough vegetation, though shorts may be worn depending on individual preference. In the unlikely event of rain or colder weather, a rain jacket should suffice.
- Safety: A safety briefing presentation will be given upon arrival at the hotel and prior to any field trip, and all participants will be provided with our HSE flyer.
The services not mentioned are not included in the price